Saturday, March 14, 2015

How To Survive a Long Car Trip

Hi everyone! I hope you are having an awesome spring break and living it up in Mexico or someplace else hot! I am currently visiting my grandparents in Florida, which, for a Ontario girl like me, was just about a 24 hour drive. So, in lieu of my Car Ride From Hell I have decided to give you all some tips on surviving a long car trip. 

1. Eat Healthy. Or at least try. Pack your own snacks in a small cooler for the first leg, I like apples, turkey bite sticks and kettle cooked chips. You will feel a million times better then eating Mc D's for the entire trip. But, it's okay to hit one or two Taco Bell's (or whatever other fast food place you have a guilty pleasure for) on the way, it's a vacation, after all. 

2. Keep a hairbrush handy. I'm going to be completely honest, you will look like hell once you get out of that car to greet society. Also, never underestimate the power of a little concealer, mascara and lipstick. 

3.  Wear comfy, layered clothes. You do not want to be sitting in a hot car in super tight skinny jeans and your best silk blouse. Instead, opt for a pair of cotton harem pants in a quirky pattern, or some cute leggings and a tunic top or a cute concert tee. Also, a nice cashmere sweater can add a little luxury to your car trip, and it's SO SOFT! 

4. Plan your stops. Now this one can be tricky, it's not like you know exactly when your bladder is going to be full, but at least loosely plan your hotels or resturaunts. 

5. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Not only does drinking water give you energy, it keeps your skin looking fresh and rosy, even if you have been up for 15 hours straight driving in the middle of God Knows Where, at least you'll look purdy. 

My look for my night in Nashville, Tennessee 

Yummy chocolate fondue from The Melting Pot in Nashville

Well I hope you enjoyed this post! Remember to follow me on: 

Instagram: @candycouture357

Pinterest: Pinterest.com/maggiejulia

Twitter: Twitter.com/maggie_jules

Website: MaggieWarren.com

Xoxo Mags 

No comments:

Post a Comment